Wednesday 4 July 2007

The Sonja Aldén Interview!






Sonja Aldén's performance at this years Melodifestivalen was nothing short of stunning with her beautiful song ‘För att du finns’, since then Sonja has released her debut album 'Till Dig' (To You) wich has shot to the top of the album charts in Sweden. We just love her so were thrilled at the chance to ask her a few questions!

TVS - The Vodka Systems

SA - Sonja

TVS - First of all congratulations on the success of your album ‘Till Dig’ and your fabulous track ‘För att du finns’. Congratulations for being number 1 on the Svensktoppen too – how exciting! How did you become involved in Melodifestivalen?

SA - Thank you so much! I got to work with some of the top songwriters in the country in 2004, mostely from demo-recordings. I have always been writing music and lyrics, and as time went by we formed us together and I found my true expression, way, words and music.

TVS - Where about in Sweden do you come from?

SA - I grew up in Huddinge, right outside Stockholm, but I was born in St Albans, UK…

TVS - What were your musical influences growing up?

SA - I listened to whatever my mom played on the stereo, and there was always music in the house! A lot of Annie Lennox for example..

TVS - You have gained a lot of fans thoughout Europe and the UK is no exception. Tell us, if you can, about Sonja… do you have a special someone in your life?

SA - My family and dear friends are very special to me, understanding and supporting. The rest the future will tell…

TVS - You must be recognised all over Sweden since your appearance on Melodifestivalen, what has that been like?

SA - I get recognised here and there, and so far it has just been a lot of fun because of the great reception of my debut album. People are very nice to me. I feel fortunate!


TVS - If you were not a successful artist, what would you do for a living?

SA - I would always be writing, that is as natural as breathing to me, but I would think that I would like to work with children in some way. I love children and their honesty!

TVS - What is your favourite colour?

SA - Green and blue in combination..

TVS - Apart from your song in this year’s Melodifestivalen, what was your favourite song of the competition?

SA - “Godmorgon” By Uno Svenningsson.

TVS - Did you watch the Eurovision Song contest?

SA - I tried to follow as well as I could, I was working, singing in Malmö that evening, but there was a tv backstage, so I could watch a little bit in between the performings..

TVS - What was you favourite country (apart from Sweden!)?

SA - As far as I remember, I saw and liked Finland a lot, but I´m gonna try to get a chans to see them all.

TVS - Do you have any plans to record in English?

SA - Absolutely! Don´t know when, but I´ve got a lot of English music that is longing to get recorded, so in due time….

TVS - Have you ever visited our native Scotland?

SA - I have not, but I really wish to see Scotland some time soon, I think it is a very beautiful place on earth and have actually had a longing to see it since I was a child.

TVS - Can you think of three words that describe Sonja Aldén?

SA - …Positive, sensitive and creative…….

TVS - Do you have any words for your UK fans

SA - I want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for the great supporting, for writing to me and raising the fire in my heart for writing more and more in English.. Thank you so much! I was born in UK, I feel a special bond to the country and I will be back some time!

LOVE!
Sonja Aldén


The Vodka Sytems would like to thank Sonja and Frida very much xx

No comments: